Paint - Crit Term 1.

Some points made during my crit about my current project work for paint..

- The use of purple is good, creates a strong atmosphere, feels quite cold, represents city life
- The paintings over the black and white emulsion print works well, they contrast well together
- Colour the backgrounds first so that there is no white from the paper left
- Paint over the photographs is working very well - good textures help reflect the structures. 
- Begin to scale up - work bigger to see how the techniques I am applying work 
- Continue to use people within my work - creates good movement
- Look at different colours
- Maybe do a reverse photo copy and work on that?
- Must paint on my canvas!!
- Artists to consider looking at ... John Piper, Edward Hopper and Van Gogh's Street Cafe Scene

After noting down the comments and listening to peer feedback I now feel confident with how my project is developing and I have been given some good points to help me further my ideas. I will take a look at the artists mentioned and then maybe look to use them to help influence my work.