Drawing - Crit Term 1

Points made during my crit for the Journey Project...

- Good tone within my current ideas
- It looks as though the people in the drawings are leaving a trail
- My ideas create depth & distance
- You can feel a sense of environment and location even though it is subtle
- They feel quite cold, you cannot see the peoples faces - they are all going in one direction
- The blank spaces are very effective, they make you want to walk into the drawings
- The sketches feel very delicate
- Good composition
- Full of mood and atmosphere
- Its as though we are a spectator watching the world
- Ideas consisting of photo and drawing collage works well
- The movement within the people reflects the rippling water on a river (relates back to my initial research?)
- To develop my ideas I could scale up, but will the sketches lose their intricate detail? Try this out
- Image transfer - draw on top of them
- Use different paper e.g. parcel paper, tissue, tracing, acetate
- Use wet media - ink 

It was interesting to hear how people reacted to what I thought were simple thought out sketches of crowds of people. I now have some good points of advice to work from to further develop my project.