Drawing - The Journey.

For our term 1 drawing project the theme is 'Journey'. Its all about exploring a particular journey either around the area, through your life, memories or what you see or do in your day to day life. I also wanted to show how James Allen's idea of showing movement has influenced my beginning research. To start off my research I walked around Leicester collecting initial sketches for ideas, looking at the landscape as a whole and also macro detail looking at textures and ideas of movement. I wanted to look at different ways at which I could capture the idea of a 'journey'. 


(Untitled, movement of cyclist, graphite, A5)


(Untitled, graphite, A5)


(Untitled, photo and graphite collage, A5)


(Untitled, watercolour, A5)

Looking through my initial research sketches I can see a running theme of movement relating back to my inspiration from James Allen's work. I like capturing the movement of people and also reflections on the water both completely different yet similar in the way I capture it in a delicate yet gestural way. To continue my project further I think I will know focus on looking at the movement within people and crowds. I walk through the town center every day to get to and from Uni and my ideas which contain elements of people seem to be the most interesting to me personally, I find it fascinating to capture a persons movement as they go about their day to day life.