Self Directed - Further development.

After experimenting with colour, texture and my use of structure I decided to try a previous technique of using my own colour photography against my painting combining them together once again as I felt it had been a previously successful use of media. When doing this I wanted to play around with composition layouts, portrait landscape and also time of day, afternoon contrasted with night. My aim was of this was to show my research into the use of texture and my interpretation of colour and light generated either naturally or by neon city shop lights. I also wanted to reflect on how I interpret my ideas that show a different time of day and the atmospheres created by these in terms of colour, structure and perspective which seems to be a key element that is working within my compositions helping to draw in the attention of the viewer. To paint these ideas I used a range of pallet knives and acrylic paint on a section of my photographs taken whilst on a recent visit to London which helped me to gather many more compositions to play around with in terms of structure and lighting. 



(Untitled, acrylic and photograph, on foam board, A1)


(Untitled, acrylic and photograph, on MDF, A3)

I very much enjoyed painting these different ideas; both creating different challenges for me in terms of shadow and light and also emphasising the depth within the pictures. Looking at my use in colour I think that I have experimented positively, applying what I have learnt previously when it was suggested that I focus only on the colours within the environments I am depicting. I think that this helped me to reflect the time of day my ideas are showing.