Drawing - Development in relation to contextual research.

After researching into the contextual references suggested in my mini tutorial it opened my knowledge up as to how movement can be represented in many different ways; film/ performance art, animation and still photographs.

Michal Rovner's work, 'Current' referenced previously in my contextual research post, had a particular influence over the development of my ideas as she represents her work through layered projections of people and they create interesting lines and textures to enhance their movements. 


(Untitled, ink wet on wet, A4)


(Untitled, dry point on acetate)


(Untitled, ink wet on wet, A4)

When producing these ideas I wanted to play around with media and the textures created to enhance the movement of the people and also the atmosphere of that particular scene. I also wanted to experiment with backgrounds adding structures and shadows to ground the figures and then in contrast taking it away leaving them floating. 

I feel that my work does respond the the video installation 'Current' by Michal Rovner not in terms of her media choice but in terms of the movement she creates with the layered projection of people. I think that my ideas, even though they are static and flat, they create a sense of movement almost like sound waves through my use of lines and composition choice.

To continue on from this I will play around with composition, adding and taking away the background, as I feel I have not fully developed this element yet. My ideas will also remain focused on crowds of people showing different densities and ideas of movement and depth.