Self directed project - Crit no.1 - Term 2

This beginning crit was small group session discussing what you are intending to do and looking at your work so far.

It was commented that my theme/ idea is good but I should now go outside into the environment and collect colour pallets instead of working from photography and sketches alone. This will help me to interpret the colours I see within the structures more clearly as it will be from real time. Also it was suggested that I continue to look at different times of the day to show contrasts between light and dark tones. When collecting these colours I should paint only what I see in terms of the tones producing more abstract ideas instead of looking at detailed architecture. This is to show contrasts with my ideas and to show experimentation. 

In terms of contextual help it was suggested that I research a little into 'Post impressionism' and also take a look at the work by Maurice Utrillo, Bonnard and John Walker.