Drawing Project - Term 2.

The drawing project for term 2 is a self directed task however I am going to be continuing on from my term 1 project 'Journey' but focusing on my refined ideas looking at people and crowds within a city environment. I found drawing this very interesting as it challenged my way of drawing helping my technique to become more lose which ended up creating motion from still images. I want to focus on looking at ideas behind movement within people and crowds of people by looking at shadows and reflection. I would like to also create busy gestural compositions within my drawings even though the people are still in the idea. I would like to look at capturing contrasting densities of people for example looking at the same spot at different times of the day. I will begin my going out and taking photos of people in the city center and other areas to show contrasts as well as drawing from life capturing their movement.  



(Untitled, graphite on paper, A5)


(Untitled, graphite on paper, A5)


(Untitled, graphite on paper, A5)



With my ideas I also want to look at the dark and light tones in particular keeping my drawing technique quick and gestural. I do not want to look at the expression or emotion of the people, purely their shape and direction of movement. As well as people I will also consider the structures behind them to give them a context and to enhance the depth of the composition. To capture these ideas I simply used a combination of ink and pencil on paper developing them from my initial sketches and photographs.


(Untitled, Ink on paper, A3)


(Untitled, Ink on paper, A3)


(Untitled, Ink on paper, A3)


(Untitled, Ink and graphite on paper, A2)